Alex and Liberty - June 28, 2014
As a guest at our wedding you will have the option of camping for free at Full Belly Farm, or you can choose from a number of hotels, bed and breakfasts, and retreats if that is more your style. Guinda and the surrounding area is very rural, so most of the hotels are in nearby cities including Woodland, Winters, and Davis. When you RSVP, please let us know if you will be camping so we can get an accurate head count.
We (Alex and Liberty) will be camping at the farm after the reception and invite you to join us as the fun goes on into the night! If you would like to camp, please let us know as soon as possible, and also let us know what equipment you can bring (tent, tarp, sleeping bags). You will not need camping stoves or anything like that, since we will feed you. Water will also be provided on site. There are no showers, but there will be portable toilets on site. Guinda in the summer stays quite warm at night (dipping to 60 degrees F in the middle of the night, but staying around 70 until 1am or so) so it should be pleasant. We will also have a bonfire going (at least early in the night).
Some suggested supplies to bring:
- Tent (with stakes, poles, rain fly [though VERY DOUBTFUL that it will rain], etc.)
- Tarp for ground cover
- Sleeping bag, pillows
- Air mattress if you want to be comfy and fancy
- Water bottle
- Pajamas and change of clothes (unless you want to pass out in your Sunday best, which we guess is fine too)
If you want to camp and do not have a tent (and don't want to sleep in the open air), please let us know as soon as possible. Likewise, if you have extra supplies that you can bring, please let us know if you are willing to share.
We have reserved a limited number of rooms at the following hotels (blocked dates are Friday, June 27 and Saturday June 28, but you can reserve one or both and still get these rates). Please ask for the Hamilton/Huth wedding.
- Best Western Shadow Inn, Woodland CA: group rate $75/night+tax, rooms with 2 queen beds or 1 queen bed are available.
584 N East St.
Woodland, CA 95776-6101
Phone: 530-666-1251, ask for Hamilton/Huth wedding
You must call the number to get these rates, you cannot book online
Must book before Friday, June 13, 2014
- The Holiday Inn Express, Woodland, CA: from $116/night
2070 Freeway Dr.
Woodland, CA 95776
Reservations line: 1-888-465-4329
Use group code: EG1
1 King bed rooms are $116+tax, 2 queen bed rooms are $124+tax/night at the group rate
Ask for "Hamilton/Huth Wedding"
Rooms must be reserved before Saturday, June 7th to get these rates
Breakfast is included in price
There are also rooms available at the following locations:
- Wilbur Hot Springs: bunk bed rooms from $105 per person per night, private rooms from $160 (single occupancy) and $210 (double).
- The Inn at Park Winters: Very fancy old Victorian B&B, very expensive but gorgeous. $375/night.
- AirBnB.com also has a wide selection of places to stay if you are open to staying in a private room or private B&B. We have used their service many times in the Bay Area and elsewhere and have been very satisfied. Try searching for accommodations around Brooks, CA, or Winters, CA. Many people are willing to rent out their homes for much less money than a traditional hotel. The Cache Creek Casino and Resort is also nearby, but we don't particularly recommend it as it is very expensive.